- June 12, 2019
- Posted by: fireexperts
- Category: Advice & Tools, Our News
Fire Door Experts are very pleased and excited to be launching our new Planned Preventative Maintenance service!
This new exciting service provides our clients with regular, auditable records of fire door maintenance and inspection. As we’re sure you can imagine, Planned Preventative Maintenance has already generated quite a reaction amongst new and existing clients!
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 highlights the duties of a building’s “Responsible Person” and the “general fire precautions” that fall under their remit.
An obvious measure within the Order to reduce the risk of the spread of fire on the premises is the correct specification and installation of fire doors. But in a busy building, how quickly can these measures fall below the required standard?
The Order places a legal responsibility on the “Responsible Person” to ensure that any “facilities, equipment and devices are subject to a suitable system of maintenance and are maintained in an efficient state, in efficient working order and in good repair by suitably competent persons“.
Historically, to comply with this, clients have been commissioning expensive surveys and subsequently costly repairs carried out every few years. Fire doors are then generally forgotten about again until the next problem arises when clients are faced with unexpected expenses.
Fire Door Experts can remove the stress and strain of the Order!!
By subscribing to our Planned Preventative Maintenance service, clients save money! As a result, the cost of inspections and minor repairs are spread out while clients are demonstrating compliance with their statutory obligations with regard to fire safety.
Benefits of our service include;
- Fixed cost service, enabling better financial planning and control.
- Regularly updated asset register of your building’s fire door assemblies.
- The “Responsible Person” fulfils their obligations under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Fully BM Trada Q-Mark Accredited service, complying with the highest industry standards.
- ‘Record of Maintenance Activities’ forms issued for each door for inclusion in the building’s O&M Manual showing auditable records of ‘Fire Door Maintenance’.
- Bespoke plans per client; door by door, building by building.
To find out more about this new, exciting opportunity, speak to our expert team!