GlaxoSmithKline – Ware, Herts.Scope of Works
- Fire Door Experts were tasked by GlaxoSmithKline to upgrade fire doors to certified standard.
- 1,100 existing paint grade and American White Oak veneer fire doors throughout 9, high security buildings located across of footprint of 16 acres.
- Because of the busy work environment, all works to upgrade doors were carried out during night time shifts while offices were unstaffed.
- The project duration was 18 months throughout 2014 and 2015.
- Works included replacement hinges, routing out and installing new and replacement intumescent fire strips, adjusting door closers, new signage, new fire rated vision panels and beading, and the installation of new American White Oak veneer doors where existing doors were beyond repair.
- Project lead: Blaine Heard.